Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sometimes I forget

that there are people in this world who have only my blog to update them on the events in my life. So I apologize that this is a late notice.

I changed my major to Spanish and my minor to International Development. I figured out that the humanities are not for me, because I will never really try at any classes that I can BS that easily. As stated in a quote my Humanities teacher read:

"The key to success in a Humanities class is to say things that no rational person would ever say. Any sane person would say that Moby Dick is a big white wail. Not so for a humanities major- he would say that Moby Dick is fate, masculinity, or the future of America."

Obviously, this was not for me. I rediscovered that I really love Spanish while I was helping someone with a literature paper. I ended up explaining more than needed to be in the essay, inclding the history of the author and the Spanish revolution. And I liked it.

I thought international development would be cool just because I really want to live in a shack for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Syclist said...

Moby Dick was a wailing whale when he got harpooned in the cartoon version