Monday, October 22, 2007

Mom makes me laugh

Yesterday I had to explain myself to mom after I told her that I went ring shopping with Brandon. She was having a fit because she thinks I haven't known him long enough. This is how part of our conversation went:

mom: You're crazy. You haven't known him long enough.
me: Mom, how long did you know dad before you two were engaged?
mom: I was 22.
me: I didn't ask you how old you were; I asked you how long you had known each other.
mom: I don't remember.
me: You don't remember, or you don't want to tell me? I think you just don't want to tell me, because I remember hearing that it was something like 2 weeks. At 4 months, we totally beat you.

Oh, mom. That made my day.

5 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

OK, you beat me, but I've been married for 31 years. Beat that, Shady!

Syclist said...

time is but a relative thing
winds of change and what they bring
some things last others, but a fling
before you know it, that man asks... "have you the ring?"

muhahahah! you got poetry'd!

Lindsey said...

Haha, it's okay, mommy. You are funny. AND calm as a cucumber.

Why oh why did I have to get poetry'd?

Syclist said...

i dunno, i felt like writing a poetry

Ashley Erin said...

she's marrying him, so everyone just faceup to that fact.