Thursday, March 13, 2008

dad appreciation day

It was my dad's birthday last week. I remembered. I even remembered out loud to all of my friends. What I did NOT remember to do was to be a good daughter and call him on his birthday. So to make up for it, I compiled a list of 10 reasons my dad is... the bad.

1. He thinks he's mexican. Seriously.
2. He requested to play "Free Bird" at my wedding.
3. He refers to himself as "graytop."
4. He once painted our entire deck red, thinking he was staining it.
5. He snagged my mom, and she is the bomb.
6. He makes the best fajitas I've ever had.
7. He was Coop Dog's favorite person in the world. If Cooper liked him, he HAS to be cool.
8. He once got in trouble for playing bouncy-ball with me at Target.
9. He will stay awake all night just to smoke a good brisket. He can't, however, say the same about church.
10. He has 6 kids that all turned out relatively normal, and 3 grandkids that are awesome.

Happy late birthday, graytop.

8 comments:

rmreed said...

Correction on #9. Dad always made me stay up all night to smoke the briskets.

Bexie Funk said...

dad is definitely the badest dad around.

bethy said...

roger that.

Graytoppop said...

Thanx Baby. But if you read my blog, you will see that in my soul, I'd like to think I'm Brasilian.

And snagging Mom the Bomb was really what made many of these things possible.

Graytoppop said...

Ryan -- that's because you are still young.

Ashley Erin said...

dad is bad. and old.

Graytoppop said...

I'm getting older, but in many ways I've never felt younger. I challenge any of you to cycle the hills around our home when you are close to 55.....

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.