Friday, July 11, 2008

My car

I am posting this in hopes that my brother and sisters' teasings will get my parents to expedite the process of fixing my car situation. As everyone knows, I have a little red Corolla. In January of this year, the registration expired. Since it's registered in Texas, I can't renew the registration, and since the title isn't in my name, I can't get it registered in Idaho. It doesn't really matter that the title isn't in my name, though, because we apparently don't have a title for it. Mom and Dad realized that it was lost when they went to transfer it to Brandon and me. They said that they'll fill out some paperwork on the lost title and get a new one under my name. But I'm thinking that this will only happen when they come to the US to bail me out of prison when my car gets impounded. Luckily, the car is insured. Too bad that doesn't matter either, since I have never been sent proof of insurance. So, when a cop pulls me over for having expired registration and asks me for my proof of insurance, I will have to give him one that expired in October.

Here's something that will get them motivated. When Brandon and I go back to Provo and find a new place to live, it's likely that the place won't have much off-street parking. In that case, it will cost them $30 per day to have an unregistered car, because believe me, the police come every day, and they will give me a ticket every day until I get it fixed.

Or we could take back Brandon's Buick and leave my car with his family to sit and get snowed on all winter long. The Buick's shocks are so bad that it's like riding a roller coaster. Really fun, but according to Brandon's uncle, that car is a death trap.

Seriously. Please fix it.

10 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

good luck getting it fixed mom and dad have no plans of coming back soon. i may be able to help out if you ask really nice.

bethy said...

seriously, have you not met dad? i've spent more time in government offices renewing registrations on his cars - when i was living at home in SA - than i care to remember. and p.s - they're not going to pay for the $30 a day tickets. i should probably stop now before i tell you to be grateful since you don't know how much it SUCKS to live in provo without a car. or maybe you will.

rmreed said...

I don't think dad has ever registered one of his cars. I got pulled over every year in high school for that. Sucks to be you. What do you need to register the car in Tx?

MOM THE BOMB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MOM THE BOMB said...

Calm down, everyone. Yes, dadthebad lost the document, BUT the good news is, he just found it here in Mexico. I have it now and will follow up. I am mailing it to you, Lindsey, but I need the Harpdogs' address. I will also download the change of registration form and we will sign it. We may have a problem with the notary, because they probably don't accept Mexican notaries. But dad will be in the states the week after next, and can get it done (with a little nudging.) Actually, looking at the document, he's never signed it. I wonder if it could be changed. I'll figure it out.

Lindsey said...

I'm fine with registering it myself, it's just that I can't without the title.

Lindsey said...

And I actually have lived in provo without a car. Yes, it sucked. Yes, I could live with it... if I were still single.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Your title has been sent. So has the change of title form. End of story.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Way to expedite the process, by the way!

Graytoppop said...

Please see the post on my blog -- Humility....