Thursday, September 18, 2008

weird story

I have a weird story to tell. On Tuesday when I came into work, there was a Brick Oven bag on top of the pastry holder. A co-worker told me that it was for me; a wedding present. Someone had dropped it off at the office. I opened the bag and found a sushi kit, a book, and a card from Fern and Reed Peterson. It was a great gift. What I can't understand, though, is how Fern and Reed Peterson got the present to my work. Were they visiting? Did they have someone else drop it off? Had they recently been to Brick Oven? How did they know that I work there? How did they find the office? It confused me for the rest of the day.

I guess it's one of those stories that I'll never have an explanation for. Kind of like when I found a crab in my bathroom. But that's a story for another day.

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

OK. Tell me about the crab and I´ll explain. (This is just logic, I haven´t asked them) Fern and Reed always spend the summer in Utah, so they´re there. Their granddaughter-in-law is Bethany, who knows where you work, as do most people. That happens when you keep a job for several years. I know they had been asking, since there was no return address on the invitation. And yes, they could have stopped at Brick Oven. Mystery solved.

bethy said...

they're not there. christie probably dropped it off. the book and the sushi kit are from me and brandon - you can't have too many john bytheway books. the card is from reed and fern i left all those things at patrice's townhouse. christie said she would bring them down to you. best wishes!

Lindsey said...

That makes so much more sense.

The crab story isn't much of a story, besides that I found a dead crab in my basement apartment last summer. It wasn't one of those pet hermit crabs, either. It was flat. And blue. Don't even ask me to try to explain that one.

Thanks for the sushi kit, bethy! I used to have one just like it but I lost it. I was wanting another one.

Graytoppop said...

I liked it better when it was a mystery.......