Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween, and the previous weekend

Here is a picture of little Brandon working hard on our false wall. It was supposed to be gold but turned out to be about the color of the couch. Bummer. We can at least re-paint it.


I decided that I couldn't go the entire day without wearing a costume, so I dressed up as a "shady lady" before going to a friend's house for soup.




Last week I got to stay in Salt Lake while Brandon took his FE test. Since it started at 7:45 AM and I had nowhere to go, I went and took pictures of the temple because it's generally pretty in the fall. Can anyone spot the big dipper in the vertical picture of the temple? The people who built the Salt Lake temple actually put the big dipper on the west side and the stars align and point directly to the north star. It's very faint, but it's there, in the blank space on the center pillar.





And here it is with the pretty fall colors. I actually wan't too bored in Salt Lake- I went to the gateway and got a skirt for $2, visited a friend, and visited grandma and grandpa. After the test Brandon and I went out to Cheesecake factory to celebrate. Brandon got the crunchy cashew chicken and it turned out being one of the best things I've had there. Yum.

8 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Great pics, Linds! And I love Brandon's "Wall of Pictures." Maybe he can make me one when he comes!

bethy said...

those are beautiful! can i have one for my house? i still need to order the black and white pics for my office. can i fly you down here and have decorate my house and office?

Lindsey said...

I would love to decorate your house! I'm already decorating mom's over Christmas.

Bexie Funk said...

i love that you dressed up as a shady lady. you make me laugh!

rmreed said...

you don't have to try so hard to dress up like a shady lady, just wear your normal clothes.

Graytoppop said...

We taught you how to fill up time, didn't we? Or was it that we just left you with a lot of free time to fill???

Lindsey said...

well you definitely left me with a great appreciation for cheesecake.

Emily Hamilton said...

I love the outfit! You're a good photographer...I'm impressed!