Thursday, September 17, 2009

Diagnosis, please

I know how much mom loves diagnosing people, so I am wondering if she can diagnose a couple of people that I see at work sometimes. I'm not sure there are medically accepted conditions for these people, but there should be.

First, there's the guy who will only speak in third person. I am not kidding. I thought he was joking at first, but I have seen him at least 10 times and have never heard him use the pronouns "I" or "me."

Then, there is the bag lady. She wears plastic grocery bags over her hands and keeps extras in another plastic bag, which she carries. When she orders food, she makes us take the entire tray out so that she can pick the biggest one, and she will spend up to 5 minutes deliberating about which brownie is the biggest.

Seriously, I have been wondering about these people for a long time.

4 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

sound like regular utahns to me. :)

MOM THE BOMB said...

I agree with Ashley, although I'll be a little more specific:

Patient #1: weird
Patient #2: OCD with phobias

You're right, that was fun!

BRANDON said...

I should hang around sugar and spice more often, I have never heard anyone actually speak in third person (and was serious about it).

Syclist said...

funny, I thought nuts were supposed to come in the brownies.