Tuesday, October 13, 2009

All lies

We probably all know not to believe everything we read on the internet, but during my pregnancy I have seen some REALLY weird stuff. I have read things from signs of labor to how to induce labor-- all seriously wrong. Here are some of my favorites:

If your poop is soft, you are about to go into labor. (Wrong)

A day or so before you go into labor, you will have a sudden burst of energy and start nesting. (True for some women, but in my case, Mom has done the nesting for me.)

Your baby will "drop" during your last trimester before you go into labor. (Also false for me. She was pretty far down there from the beginning, so I don't know how she could get any lower without actually coming out.)

Walking induces labor. (Walking only works if true labor has already started. Even then, it only speeds up contractions. I walked 5 miles on Sunday and I'm still not in labor.)

Accupressure has been proven to induce labor. (We looked it up and they claim that it stimulates the small intestine, which wraps around the uterus. In other words, the small intestine acts like a boa constrictor and squeezes your baby out. That made me laugh pretty hard.)

Belly dancing induces labor. (I haven't done that one, but I can guarantee that NO ONE wants to see me try.)

Farting induces labor. (I'm not sure if Ashley got this one off the internet or if she was just trying to be funny, but it hasn't worked so far.)

1 comment:

Graytoppop said...

Too Funny!!!!