Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lunch meat=gross

I have decided that I hate packaged lunch meats and I am seriously considering buying a deli meat slicer. You can buy big hunks of turkey breast and ham for less than $2 per pound, but if you get them sliced at the grocery store deli they are more like $6 per pound. And I don't even want to think about eating another slimy, rubbery slice of Land o' Frost turkey breast. I found a slicer at Home Depot for about $80, and since I am working this Saturday, I think I can splurge a little. And if I do get this, I will happily slice meat for anyone who lives around me.

Am I crazy or does this actually sound like a good idea?

4 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

crazy, no. cheap, yes.

Sara said...

I think it's a GREAT idea! I haven't been able to eat lunch meat for years because the stuff grosses me out so much. The slicer isn't even a real splurge since it'd eventually pay for itself in savings.

browniemom said...

I pay the price, instead of buying that slimmy stuff. Good thinking! Maybe I'll have to make a weekly trip to Provo to slice my meat for the week.

Bexie Funk said...

that sounds like a good idea. that meat is nasty, i'm with you