Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Goals revisited

I was reading my old journal and I discovered a list of summer goals that I made in 2007. That was the summer I started dating Brandon. It was fun to read them because some of them are things that I would never think about now. Ride horses at least once. I never did, but now that I think about it, I really want to. Do more creative writing. Really? I had forgotten that I ever liked writing. I was surprised to see that goal, but it's a good idea. Establish a music collection. I'm still working on that one. Plan a fun road trip. I actually did that one. TWICE! I went to Colorado to see Poodle and to a few national parks with Brandon. And my favorite: Go the entire summer without having a boyfriend. That one totally tanked. Before school started in the fall Brandon and I had already decided to get married. I remember telling Brandon about that goal before we were officially dating. He told me it was a stupid goal.

Most of these were silly things. Still, it's good to see what was going through my mind before I was a wife/mother/domestic diva. Sometimes when I find my life getting too routine, I need to step back and say, "What would 19-year-old Lindsey do?"

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

i really like this post. it's nice to reflect on our past and where we are today. it often provides us with valuable perspective going forward...

has brandon made any progress on deciding where he's going to grad school yet?

Lindsey said...

We still haven't made a final decision, but it looks like Houston. Colorado is our only other option, and they haven't given us any information on financial aid.

So I may get to see you in August! Or if I come down before then to look for housing. I'll let you know as soon as we find out for sure.

bethy said...

wow. i am old.

Bexie Funk said...

don't worry pretty soon you won't have time to think about that. so i'm pretty sure i've never made a goal to ride a horse, that's werid or do more creative writing. we're different!

browniemom said...

Goals are always adjustable, and rightfully so.