Sunday, June 06, 2010

Grandma's 80th

We got to hang out with family this weekend at Grandma Fagg's 80th birthday party at the Lion House. Here are some pictures from it.
Brandon looking ponderous at the temple reflecting pool
Ashley dipping Violet's feet into it Me falling flat on my butt because my shoe was caught on the table leg. That's uncle Kay helping me up; Brandon was too busy taking pictures to give me a hand. Cousin Wes made sure to make fun of me for that later.
And finally the painting I am almost finished with. It's of the courtyard of the myrtles at the Alhambra in Spain. There are parts that I really don't like but I think it turned out pretty well.
It was a busy weekend. I remember when Ashley visited me while I was pregnant, Violet refused to kick for her because she didn't like being bossed around. Well, she did the same thing this weekend. I've never seen her so calm and un-entertaining as when Ashley was around. But she did like chasing Annie around the Lion House. One of my favorite moments was when cousin Jordan asked if Ashley wanted to see the chicks out back. Ashley answered, "No thanks. I'm not really into girls." And Jordan said, "Ashley, they're chickens."

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am looking at the weir that is the edge of the pool

Bexie Funk said...

i like that painting. sounds like a fun weekend.

Graytoppop said...

Ashley and chickens. Thanks for posting the story!

Emily Hamilton said...

Looks fun, we missed out. I love the chicken story.

If only every couple were this cute! said...

wow! that painting is awesome! remember when you started to teach me to paint in the basement house?!