Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Don't worry, we are still alive

And we didn't even have to use bear spray. We saw 3 bears, but none were agressive. Right now we are in Discovery Bay, Washington and here is what our trip has been like:

-Violet has loved it despite getting sun blisters (I know, I am a horrible mother) and teething.
- I jumped into a glacial lake, went swimming for a few minutes, and came out with a frozen butt.
- Violet enjoyed sleeping between Brandon and me on the air mattress all week. Brandon and I enjoyed it less.
- I saw a billboard advertising the "Testicle festival" (I'm assuming they were talking about Rocky Mountain oysters). No one thought it was as funny as I did.
- We hiked to a lake with a glacier flowing into it. Awesome.
- We went on a 10-mile hike to a lake with icebergs in it; Brandon started correcting the park ranger while she was talking about the geology of the park.
- I got squirted in the face by a squid. We were fishing for squid and when Lena caught one, I tried to release it and it inked me.
- We hiked in a rain forest today. I let Violet crawl under a tree and everyone else on the trail thought it was soooo funny.
- Violet went to the beach today for the first time.

I promise to post pictures as soon as I can!

6 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow! I think I'm a little jealous. And VERY happy you're out of bear country.

bethy said...

please please please put sunscreen on that pretty baby!

BRANDON said...

All the blisters are healed now we just have to deal with the scab she procured by banging her head on the chair. Also we will be back in bear country tomorrow at Mt. Ranier.

Jennifer said...

that was the best list ever. can't wait for pictures!!

Graytoppop said...

Sounds fun!!!

If only every couple were this cute! said...

That sounds like sooo much fun! What a cool trip! and yes I agree with bethy...put TONS on sunscreen on that baby EVERYTIME you are in the sun. We don't need a baby with pain or worse, skin cancer. oh, and a hat! Glad to hear she is healing. Other than that, sounds like you all are having a GREAT experience in the outdoors! I love it!