Sunday, August 15, 2010

the move

We are finally moved in! And nothing went as planned. On Saturday we went to pick up our new mattress on the way to our apartment. First we got stuck in terrible traffic, then we found out that I-45 was closed down where we wanted to go. So we had to find an alternate route, and I am not a very good navigator. So after another 45 minutes in the car we finally got to the mattress place only to find that they had LOST the mattress they sold us. They had us pick out a different one but if people hadn't been waiting for us I would have just told them to give me my deposit back and kiss my butt. When we went to pay the remainder, they didn't have a credit card machine and they wouldn't take our out-of-state check. Honestly, I don't know how that makes a difference, but they threw a big fit about it. So we forked out all the cash we had and paid a little with a check, and they were still mad about it. Anyways, we now have a nice pillowtop mattress but I am never doing business with them again. After that our move went fine, thanks to my wonderful family and awesome friends that came to help out. It's a relief to be in our own place! Thanks, everyone!

2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

welcome to Houston! you'll learn no never go on the freeway during certain hours. poor shady.

BRANDON said...

As we found out there was a huge Chemical spill/explosion or something of the sort that forced the 45 to be shut down. Bad luck.