Saturday, September 04, 2010

Yet another vacation post: Washington

At BYU I met a ton of people from Washington and they all seemed even more proud of their state than Texans are of Texas. So I've always been curious to know what all the fuss is about. Well, I totally fell in love with Washington when we were there a few weeks ago. The weather was cool, it was very green, and there were enormous blackberries everywhere. I could live there.

We went to Rialto beach and it was very foggy but still beautiful. Violet loved playing with the rocks on the beach. We also stopped at the rain forest, and it was incredibly green and dense. We found some wild raspberries, which made Violet very happy.
Violet was also very happy about all the big trees. I let her crawl under this one and everyone that passed thought it was hilarious.
This last one was taken on Hurricane Ridge at Olympic national park. Who says you have to be in Texas to take bluebonnet picture? (Just kidding; they were a different variety of lupine.)

6 comments:

bethy said...

Any true Texan can see that those are OBVIOUSLY not bluebonnets. But very pretty. Violet seems to like Washington too.

Lindsey said...

Brandon's question is what makes bluebonnets different?

Sara said...

Haha--I love that picture of Violet coming out of the tree. She looks so proud of herself! What a cutie.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Looks like Violet liked the vacation the most! I had my doubts about you taking a 9 month old. I underestimated both of you!

BRANDON said...

She did enjoy it the most. She is happiest when she is outside.

Bexie Funk said...

those pictures are so cute!