Sunday, October 10, 2010

Funny things from this weekend

In no particular order:
Brandon signed the acceptance letter for his internship and I spilled red popsicle all over it. It didn't look very professional after that, but he was about to leave and had no choice but to mail it as-is. I felt really badly and almost stuck an apology note in the envelope that said, "This is Brandon's wife. Please excuse the popsicle stain on his acceptance letter. It's not his fault that I'm a slob." Unfortunately he sealed the envelope before I got to add my note.

Ashley fed Violet a ton of blueberries and the next day she had a blowout in the car. When I changed her diaper, her poop was blue.

On Friday, Ashley suggested that Violet sleep on the bed with us. Ashley didn't know that Violet plays before she falls asleep, so every 15 seconds, Violet would poke Ashley in the face and I would hear Ashley giggle.

On Saturday night, Violet was asleep in the pack-and-play and Ashley and I started laughing about something. Violet started laughing along with us in her sleep.

We were looking at the jaguar exhibit at the Dallas aquarium when I overheard a guy trying to impress his girlfriend with his knowledge of animals. I walked up to the cage and told Ashley that you can tell jaguar spots from leopard spots because jaguar spots have smaller spots inside, whereas leopard spots don't. A couple of seconds later, I heard the guy repeat exactly what I had just said to his girlfriend. I guess I wasn't the only one eavesdropping.

On Saurday, Ashley kept making fun of me because I never exercise. She laughed at me when I told her that I don't need to because I stay active. Then on Sunday, she complained about how sore she was from carrying Violet around all day. Guess who is laughing now?

3 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

seriously i really want to play with you guys! violet sounds so funny!

Sara said...

Cute stories! Love the popsicle letter--I'm sure the internship people will think it's funny too. As long as they don't mistake it for blood or something.

MOM THE BOMB said...

That sounds like a great weekend! I LOVE having you here in Texas!