Friday, October 01, 2010

Life is happening

Lately my posts have been mostly about how cute Violet is. That is because Brandon takes the computer to school on most days, so when I do have it, I don't have much time to actually write and I just end up posting pictures. But now he is on a field trip to Enchanted Rock and I get the computer for the weekend, so here is what has been happening besides Violet's cuteness:

1. I have a job. Another baby comes over to play with Violet, and for some reason I get paid for it. It's awesome.
2. Brandon got an internship offer for next summer. And it isn't the kind of summer internship where they pay you less than minimum wage and get away with it because it gives you "experience." Geology interns get paid as much as full-time employees.
3. I hang out with Jennifer all the time. She is a good sport and pushes the stroller for me when I need her to. We go out to lunch, go to museums, or do whatever fun thing there is to do that day.
4. I have been sewing a few things-- nursing covers, headbands, shirts, etc.
5. I started painting again. I have one finished and I'm working on a new one. I'm not the best but I think they turn out pretty well and I like doing it, so I see no reason not to.
6. Violet and I are visiting Ashley soon. All she had to say was "I have some old clothes that you can have" and I was sold. I email her all the time to remind her how excited I am.
7. Cooking and cleaning... okay, I really don't do either of those too much. I always get semi-prepared meals at HEB and call it good. As for the apartment, it's only clean when people come over. That's fine with me.
8. On Wednesday Brandon and I had a date for the first time in a long time. We went to Pappadeaux and had cheesecake afterwards. Yum.

So there you have it, I have mostly been working and trying to get other things done during my days off. It's a pretty fun job.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Okay. Jealous. I LOVE Pappadeaux!

Is the internship offer in Houston, or would yall have to move for the summer?

Bexie Funk said...

is the internship in tennessee? i'm sad i missed living by you by a few months!

Ashley Erin said...

does jennifer hang out with you as a job?

Jennifer said...

ha. well, i suppose it's the only "job" i have right now... but it's the best job ever!