Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Rejected

Brandon and I applied for a hiking permit to Coyote Buttes a few weeks ago. Wait, make that three hiking permits (apparently babies need permits, too). Well, we were rejected. They only give out 10 per day, and over 200 people applied for our top picks. Sigh.

What to do now? We could try a walk-in. It's over 30 miles from any town, but hey, we might be in the area, right? Or we could apply for South Coyote Buttes, which requires 4-wheel drive and topographic maps. I just don't think our little Corolla could handle that.

3 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

that's REALLY pretty but I'd stay away from any place needing 4 wheel drive. don't want to get stuck again with a baby.

browniemom said...

Wow, you guys are full of adventure! I've never heard of being rejected from hiking. That's one rejection I wouldn't mind:)

Graytoppop said...

But it looks like you already have a great picture.....