Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You can bruise my strawberries, but you can't bruise my pride

I am a sucker for a sale. So when I saw 50% off chocolate-dipped strawberries the day after Valentine's, I knew they had to be mine. Why not do something romantic on a day other than February 14? I must have been beaming with romantic thoughts when I went to pay for them. Apparently, the cashier was not a romantic. Maybe he had just been dumped or something but for some reason, he thought he could ruin my post-Valentine's day. In a jealous rage, he tipped the box of pretty little strawberries upside down to scan it. After a couple of seconds and no beep, he looked at me and said, "Hmmm... they're not scanning." So he SHOOK the box up and down in front of the scanner and when every last strawberry had fallen out of its cupcake wrapper and bruised the one next to it (you could actually see this happen since it was a clear plastic box), he finally put it down, took out the handheld scanner, and scanned it. What a jerk.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, definitely a jerk! I hope you told him to keep the strawberries and didn't pay for them.

Bexie Funk said...

poor, poor shady. i'm sure he was jealous of you.

Nicole said...

let me guess...Kroger?

Sara said...

You definitely should have thrown the bruised strawberries at him. I HATE it when cashiers are careless like that.