Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A birthday and a dumb idea

It's official.  Violet is 2.  All that time and I still can't believe what a cute little girl she is.  The night before her birthday I stayed up late finishing a dress that I was making for her.  On her birthday, she loved being the center of attention.  All we did was have some cupcakes, but to her it was the greatest thing in the world.  She is growing so fast and has so much personality.
 And for those of you who don't see me much, I included a belly picture. 
Speaking of bellies, I did something really stupid on Sunday that I am now paying for. Brandon was trying to measure how high in the air Violet could jump. After she did it, she turned to me and said, "mommy jump." And despite the fact that I am 7 months pregnant and 30 lbs over my normal weight, I stood by the tape measure and repeatedly jumped as high as I could so that Brandon could measure my vertical.  I'll admit, I knew this wasn't the brightest idea, but I thought I may be a little sore the next day and then be over it.  No way!  My entire body has felt sore/bruised for the past 2 days.  It hurts to sit, bend over, and lay on my side (which is the only position in which I can lay anymore).  The muscles in my abs (or what's left of them), back, chest, arms, and legs have gone on strike.  Seriously people, don't do it.  My body hurts so much that it is tricking itself into thinking it's actually sick.

1 comment:

Graytoppop said...

Live and learn....