Thursday, October 06, 2011

An interesting start

Since I didn't announce this pregnancy right away, I almost forgot about a few funny things that happened right at the beginning.  I went to a party with Violet and some friends at the beginning of April.  The entire time I was there, Violet kept sticking her butt in the air and looking at me through her legs.  One friend (who is Navajo, by the way) looked at Violet and said, "in my culture, when a baby looks through its legs, it means there is another baby on the way." I thought it was pretty interesting and just laughed.  Little did either of us know that a week later I would be holding a positive pregnancy test.  (I can't tell you how hard she laughed when I told her that she had predicted this baby.)
In May we went to visit Brandon's family.  We knew we would be telling them about the pregnancy since that was the only time we would be seeing them all year.  I don't normally announce these things in a cute or creative way-- it's just not my style.  But for some reason I thought about the Mexican Christmas tradition of the cake with a little plastic baby Jesus inside and I convinced Brandon that it would be funny to make one for his family.  So in Idaho we found some plastic babies at the dollar store and put them in a cake we baked (which, as you can see, was SUPER ugly) and watched with delight as his family found tiny little babies in their slices of cake. The look of confusion on their faces was priceless. 

 Hopefully our baby will be much cuter.

1 comment:

Bexie Funk said...

don't worry you make cute babies.