Friday, November 18, 2011

Rough day for Violet

Today I am thankful for 2 things: laminate floors and nice weather.  Because if Violet had thrown up on carpet and if it had been too hot/cold to open all the windows and air our my apartment, I don't think I would still be sane.  Those 2 simple things saved my day.

Before I get into the lovely details of Violet's sickness, let me tell you about how lately she has been obsessing over being clean. About a week ago, her diaper gave out in the middle of the night and she ended up leaking pee on her bed (which was covered by a waterproof mattress pad).  We cleaned it up but ever since then, when we put her to bed, she will stand on the bed and point to it and say, "No, it's yucky!  I peed the bed!"

And today she threw up all over the floor.  She was screaming and crying afterwards and after gasping for air, she pointed to the vomit and yelled, "MOMMY WIPE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  Not exactly the reaction I expected.  I cleaned it up and it happened a few more times, getting on her favorite blanket once.  When it was time to go pick up Brandon, I tried to comfort her by saying that she could bring her blanket in the car (I had forgotten that she threw up on it).  Instead of getting excited like she normally does when I talk about her blanket, she yelled, "NOOOO!!!! Blankie yucky!"  Oh, right.

When we got home, she threw up a few more times.  The worst was when I saw her coughing and knew it was about to come, so I told her to go into the bathroom.  So she started running to the bathroom and threw up on the way there.  She then slipped in her own vomit, fell backwards, and hit her head on the floor. Our poor baby.

After Brandon cleaned her off, I came in and held her.  I commented that she smelled badly (her hair was covered in vomit) and Brandon said, "Oh, are you stinky?" to which she responded, "No, Mommy tooted."  That was followed by uncontrollable laughter from me.

Now she's in bed and I'm still going in every once in awhile when she throws up.  I'm just glad we've been able to get through it so far, and hopefully she will feel better tomorrow.

3 comments:

Graytoppop said...

Bad day. Don't let her dehydrate. And stop tooting!!

Sara said...

Poor girl!! Hope she starts to feel better soon.

Bexie Funk said...

i was so happy when Caroline was able to finally make it to the toilet. it makes a world of difference! poor little violet!