Friday, December 23, 2011

Bedrest

Remember how I posted a bunch of baby pics on Monday and then never gave any updates?  Well, this week has not gone exactly as expected.  I am on bedrest. Apparently there was a complication in my epidural where I leaked some spinal fluid and now I have a spinal headache that is suppsed to last for 5-7 days.  If you're not familiar with that, it's a massive throbbing pain that comes on any time you lift your head.  For me, it sucks.  For those around me, it's quite entertaining.  I still have to get up to do things like go to the bathroom, but I can only do it bent over so that my head isn't upright.  So just imagine me walking around like I'm trying to touch my toes.  It's cute.  And to think I was looking forward to a speedy recovery...

Luckily, Charlie is awesome.  I was worried about having to nurse a newborn baby while being physically unable to sit upright or lift my head, but he figured out how to do it while I'm laying down.  Last night he woke up only one time in an 8-hour stretch, so I'm surprisingly well rested, too.  Violet is having fun with her aunt right now so the only thing I really need to worry about is entertaining myself while on my back all day.

This is the fourth day since my epidural.  If all goes well, I will be fully functional within the next couple of days.  But there is a chance that I may have to experience Christmas horizontally this year.

No comments: