Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sea World

Who else is tired of me complaining about my life? Time for a good post.  We made a poorly planned trip to Sea World this week.  Fortunately, it turns out that it doesn't take a lot of planning to go to Sea World and we had a lovely time.  The first attraction was the orca show.  Here's some advice: if you have a 2-year-old and a 5-month old, you probably shouldn't sit in the splash zone.  Violet was a little scared by the size of the whales but was captivated by their performance until they splashed water on us all.  Both our kids started screaming and crying.

They got over it.

Then I lost Violet when I looked away for 15 seconds while putting on sunscreen, and found her  surrounded by a group of women who were asking where her mommy was. She had been asking me to go see the flamingos and when I paused to protect my white hide from skin cancer she decided to go with or without me.
Dumb flamingos.

The next stop was a giant splash pad.  At first Violet didn't want to get wet, and I thought, "Great, I just paid $100 so that my kid could scream through the shows and not play in the water."  Luckily she wasn't a pansy the entire time and did end up running and splashing through the water like the wild animal that she normally is. 
See what I mean by wild animal?

We had two more shows; one with sea lions and a walrus and one with a beluga.  The Sea Lion show was clearly her favorite as she kept squealing and laughing each time they did a trick. 
Enthralled.

2 comments:

browniemom said...

Wow! Violet is so brave! My kids were all pansies:) I love the last picture of her. She is growing up!

Bexie Funk said...

she looks so pretty in that last picture. please come visit me!