Sunday, September 02, 2012

Blogging inspiration

Do you know who is the best person in the world at motivating me to blog?  My sister.  She called me last Sunday and we spent at least 15 minutes on this topic.  I told her that I feel like I can never blog unless I put a bunch of pictures, because that's all anyone cares about.  But she assured me that she likes it when I just post about how crazy my life is, with or without pictures.  Because it's funny.  Having days where you feel like shooting someone and then hiding in the closet with a bucket of ice cream is fine, as long as you can laugh about it. Right?
 
Well, fortunately I haven't had many of those days lately.  But it does still seem like my life frequently throws me curves.  It's a good thing I have such awesome friends, because I feel like I am always the one who calls and asks really weird favors of people.  "Can you drive stick? And if you can, could you drive me and my kids to the DMV in my own car that I don't know how to drive?" Or how about this one, "Can I come over and take a shower at your house? Because we just inexplicably lost our hot water and tomorrow is Sunday and I'm starting to stink." Yes, these are actual questions that I have had to awkwardly ask my friends these last couple of weeks. Luckily, we ended up getting our hot water back and I didn't have to shower at someone else's house.  But really, it seems like weird things always happen to me, and nobody knows that better than my friends.
 
I also love having a friend who always gets me into the zoo for free. Score!  And our zoo now has a splash pad in it!  How cool is that?



2 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

I'll teach you how to drive stick! But then you would have less to blog about.

Bexie Funk said...

what? I'm so jealous! that zoo has gotten so much better since we left, no fair!