Monday, October 22, 2012

The wedding day

The whole reason for our trip was Brandon's aunt's wedding, which was on Friday.  We had to drive down to Salt Lake early in the morning to go to the temple, and Brandon's siblings watched our kids.  After the ceremony, I came out to find Violet with her beautiful dress on and her hair all curled.  She kept telling me that she looked like a princess.
 Charlie was not so thrilled about being at the wedding.  Brandon's siblings had lost his pacifier and this boy was ready for a nap.  He spent most of the time perched up on Grandpa's arm, snarling at us.
 After pictures, we went to the luncheon at the Lion House.  The place was beautiful and the food was good, but Charlie was screaming bloody murder by this time, and I was beyond stressed.  I was so desperate that I left in the middle of the luncheon, walked around downtown Salt Lake until I found a store, and bought a pacifier.  Within 30 seconds of me putting it in Charlie's mouth, he was asleep. 
The rest of the afternoon went much more smoothly, thanks to a sleeping baby.  Violet was surrounded by little girls who loved playing with her, and she thought Merania's wedding dress was the most fascinating thing in the world.  She loved it and we were all happy to be able to come to the lovely wedding.

2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

that picture of charlie is too cute. violet does look like a princess.

Emily Hamilton said...

Violet looks so so pretty! She is growing up way too fast. I agree with Carrie, that picture of Charlie is really cute.