Saturday, October 20, 2012

Violet's birthday

I can't belive this beautiful girl has been part of our family for 3 years now.  Violet was spoiled this year and got 3 different birthday parties.  For one of them, we had cupcakes at the park with her friends.  She woke up at 4 AM on the morning of the party and wouldn't go back to sleep, so needless to say, she was a bit grumpy before her party.  She looked at the cupcakes that I had stayed up making and yelled, "I don't like them! I wanted chocolate!"  I couldn't convince her that they were chocolate.  She also had a kicking-and-screaming fight with me over putting leggings on under her dress that is so short that her diaper sticks out of it.  I ended up winning, but this sullen face was all I got out of Violet until her friends showed up.
 
 Oh well.  Soon more kids came and when she was surrounded by all her best friends singing Happy Birthday, she couldn't have been happier.
 Her birthday party in Idaho was equally fun.  She again threw a tired-induced fit over her birthday cake, but this one didn't last as long.  After opening her presents, she had a silly string fight with Mia that left her so excited that I had to lock her in her room in order to get her to go to bed.  I know, I'm a great mom.
 She had plenty of presents but her favorite one has been being able to spend time with Brandon's family all week.  Between the kitties, the wide open spaces, the family, and the trampoline, it has been heaven for her.
One fun fact about Violet: she loves singing and listening to music.  One of her favorite songs is "Just to be the next to be with you," (from the Monster Ballads CD) and whenever it plays, she sings, I'm the one who wants to be with you.  Deep inside a hole, you'll feel it too."  So I guess she doesn't quite get the lyrics right, but she makes me laugh every time.  We all love this crazy little girl!

2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

the cupcakes look great, and i love the picture of her friend picking her nose! don't worry we also lock our children in their room to get them to calm down.

Ashley Erin said...

She is so cute. Nice job on the cupcakes.