Thursday, November 22, 2012

One more Belize post!

I thought it would be appropriate this thanksgiving to be thankful for Lena, the best sister-in-law ever, who watched our kids while we went to Belize.  I'll also post some pictures from our underwater camera.
 
The snorkeling was amazing.  As you can see from the pictures, all the coral was right in your face.  I've never seen an ecosystem so full of life-- there were literally fish everywhere you looked.  And despite how it looks from our foggy blue photos, the water was so clear that all the colors were extremely vibrant.  It was the most informative trip I've ever been on.



And here's a list of all the animals we saw (that I can remember):
Fish (angelfish, parrotfish, damselfish, barracuda, triggerfish, flying fish, grunts, grouper, cowfish, and many more)
2 nurse sharks
octopus
rays (I didn't see any but Brandon saw a few)
sea cucumbers
tons of jellyfish
sea turtles!
dolphins
lobsters
starfish
seahorse
iguanas
and even howler monkeys!

2 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

I thought seahorses were only in Disney movies.

MOM THE BOMB said...

I have to agree that Lena is amazing! You're pretty lucky to have a sister-in-law that will give up vacation to babysit! Even if your kids ARE really cute. Your pics are pretty awesome, too.