Friday, December 21, 2012

One whole year

Charlie's birthday was on Wednesday!  This big boy had quite a fun day.  I was going to make homemade carrot cupcakes for everyone but I decided to be lazy instead had a bunch of things come up, so that didn't happen. My mom came out in the afternoon and we had a perfect late lunch/dinner at Bernie's Burger Bus, which is probably the most famous food truck in Houston.  Charlie had a great time opening his presents, well, actually having Violet open them for him.  But he loved them anyways.  I had decided that he needed some "boy toys" since everything we have is covered in pink glitter.  I never bought him different toys because I always assumed that the only reason different genders played with different toys was because of social pressure.  I was wrong-- Charlie really has a clear preference for cars and trucks, so that's what he got.
 Since I didn't get around to making cupcakes, I picked some up at 3 Brothers Bakery-- it's a local place which Houstonians LOVE.  Unfortunately, I was not impressed with them and after the kids licked the frosting off, I threw them away.  At least Charlie got his own birthday cupcake to destroy.

 Violet was also thrilled with Charlie's toys (that shows how infrequently I buy them toys) and both kids stayed entertained for over an hour with the new stuff.  Success!
We love you, little Charlie!  I couldn't imagine our family without you.

2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

i love that his hair has changed color in the past year. he's a really cute blonde.

browniemom said...

Boys with be boys, and need boy toys! Glad he got them! He is a cutie!