Thursday, December 27, 2012

Top 10 highlights of 2012 (in no particular order)

1. Having Charlie join our family.  I know he was born in 2011, but it was very close to the end of the year so I consider this year his first year.  I couldn't have asked for a better baby, and it has been more fun than I ever imagined.
2. Finding an apartment with a garage that doesn't flood all the time.  This place has been perfect for our family.
3. Getting put up in posh corporate housing over the summer with a giant pool and splash pad.
4. Attending my sister's wedding in April and getting to hang out with all the family that came-- I really believe that was the best week of Violet's little life!
5. Visiting Utah and Idaho in October and going to Brandon's aunt's wedding, and getting to hang out with his family all week.
6. Taking a family trip to Sea World and Enchanted rock in May, and adding "astrophotography" to our list of hobbies.
7. Brandon accepting an internship offer which allows him to be part of a carbonate research team, which is what he specializes in at school.
8. Taking a vacation WITHOUT THE KIDS to Belize, which was one of the most amazing adventures of my life!
9. Brandon passing his thesis proposal defense, and knowing he is that much closer to finishing school.
10. Realizing that although I am excited for Brandon to finish school, we have had such a good year with our family and friends that I am in no rush for him to do so!

2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

you guys had a good year!

Ashley Erin said...

i am so excited my wedding made the list!