Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Why 2013 is going to be great for my whole family

 Because it already is. 
For the kids:
1.It seems I have cured my kids of bedtime drama!  The relief this brings is incalculable.  I have literally had a vast improvement in the all-around mood of my home now that every night does not end with a fight.
2.Gymnastics.  Violet went to her first class and I'm already convinced that it's one of the best investments I've ever made for her.  She was elated the entire time.  She was the most enthusiastic child there-- too busy to even miss me, but when I did catch her eye for one second, she emphatically waved and jumped up and down to let me know she was having fun.
3.I cleaned and organized their room so it's now a lovely little place to play.

For me:
1. Well, with my kids this happy, how could I not be? But in addition to that, I have already been asked to do 3 paintings. This is unique because she has something specific she wants me to paint, and when most people ask me to "paint something" for them, they just say, "oh, whatever you want."  And I'm not a huge fan of guessing what people want.
2. We don't have to move for Brandon's internship this year!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Since making my "stop trying to please people" resolution, I feel like I have cleaned out a closet in my head that had been stuffed with all the things I seek approval for. I have so much free space now.  And when I'm making decisions, all I have to ask myself is, "Do I want to do it or not?" and it saves me a lot of time.

For Brandon:
Okay, I really don't know how this year will go for Brandon. I know that it's going to be his last full year of school and he has a really cool internship lined up, but in all honesty he will probably be very busy.  C'est la vie.  But if I know anything about Brandon, it's that he is much more likely to be happy when I'm happy, so the year is looking good so far.

6 comments:

BRANDON said...

Nice and organized, but do they play in there? That may be more difficult a task.

MOM THE BOMB said...

I love it! And Gymnastics is perfect for Violet!

Ashley Erin said...

I'm so glad Violet loved gymnastics. It is perfect for her.

Bexie Funk said...

yeah for violet! and were did you get her cute bed? i love it.

Bexie Funk said...

oops i meant yea for voilet

browniemom said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Adorable! Violet is such a free spirit, I love that about her. What a cute family!