Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wow, I have so many choices.

I think the one thing keeping me from having fun lately is the stupid ideas that people have put into my head about being responsible and what I can and can't do. I've caught myself hesitating on certain things because everyone teaches you that you can't do that.

Like this weekend, when I wondered wether or not I should go to a friend's barbecue up in Sandy, because it's a long drive and I might waste gas.
Or Monday, when I was having a bad day but it didn't occur to me that I could go anywhere because it was a school night.

And this is coming from the same girl that Ashley used to have to wrestle to bed every night (literally). I'm acting like an old person.

So last night I had fun thinking of all the little things that I can do, even though people might think it's weird.
I can wear my pajamas to campus. There's no rule against it. In fact, if it's ugly and unflattering, BYU's all for it.
I can eat ice cream with, or even for, breakfast. Mom does it all the time. I don't know why I didn't think of this before.
I can go get a fish taco at 2 AM if I want to. I don't have a bedtime. It's no use pretending I'm not going to more than make up for any lack of sleep with naps the next day.
I can grow a jalapeno plant in my room. That way, if there is some kind of disaster and Utah runs out of food, I can live off of those.
I can even put a George Foreman grill on the floor by my bed so I can wake up to the smell of bacon every morning. Too bad I'm not Michael Scott, so I'm not going to do that.

I have finally come to terms with all the possibilities of being on my own, and I am really excited about it.

2 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

i'm so glad you are learning about the beauties of independence. go wild.

Ashley Erin said...

matt says you look good in pajamas. he's all for it too!