Monday, February 04, 2008

it is declared

After 8 months of knowing I wanted to major in Spanish, I finally declared a Spanish major. I was a little worried because I won't be able to complete the foreign residency requirement. But, after 5 minutes of telling me how important it is to have foreign residency experience in the major, my advisor finally said, "Well, I guess if you're getting married, we can't force you to. It won't stop you from graduating." I thanked him and assured him that I would have done a study abroad if I were not getting married. So now I have 3 more classes to finish before I am DONE with the major. It won't be so fast, because I have to finish a minor and generals as well. But I should be graduating after Spring semester in 2009. After that I have 2 options:
1. Find a post-bachelor's degree teaching program and do student teaching for a 1-2 years in Spanish, or
2. Be a bum. Sounds really fun, but I don't think Brandon would like it.

7 comments:

BRANDON said...

Considering I will be getting a masters at that time, you bumming around would not be a good thing.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Once again, I agree with Brandon. (Although his opinions carry more weight than mine)

MOM THE BOMB said...

I guess at BYU they consider getting married the equivalent of living abroad.

Syclist said...

Your mom set up a good opportunity for a cruel joke, but I don't think I'm gunna follow through with it. muahahah! BTW, soccer this saturday?

BRANDON said...

yes soccer this saturday, 3 pm

MOM THE BOMB said...

By the way, I´m very excited that you will be able to graduate so soon!

Graytoppop said...

If mom and dad thought that bumming around was not a good thing, you would probably bum around. It's nice to see someone bring out the maturity in you...........