Saturday, March 01, 2008

How I almost had a meltdown today

Who am I kidding, I DID have a meltdown today. I know I promised everyone pictures of my dress, but I can't find the file transfer cord to my camera.

But that wasn't the problem. I went to try my dress on today. I had asked the lady to take the ugly belt off the hips on my dress because it made the dress a drop-waist dress, and I already have a really long torso. When I saw my dress, the belt was off but there was a BIG UGLY SEAM where the belt once was. Suddenly, the vision of my dream dress was fading away and one of an ugly 80's style dropwaist dress was appearing. So I consulted little Brandon. We grabbed a sash and it lifted the waist a little, but it still looked a bit awkward. We searched with no luck through David's Bridal and Joanns to find sashes or fabric that could help. Finally, I remembered a picture in a magazine and I had an idea:
They use lace as a backdrop for this sash. I'm not going to cover my whole dress with burgundy lace, so don't get scared. But I did find some that matched my dress and can cover the seam and allow me to lift the waist. Problem: solved.

9 comments:

rmreed said...

Here is what I would do.
1. Tell them to fix it
2. If they don't, use duck tape

rmreed said...

So did you get the Mariachi? you really should.

Lindsey said...

The mariachi would be too loud, unless you take out the trumpet and the yelling mexican... and if you take out the trumpet and the yelling mexican, it's not a mariachi band

rmreed said...

just hand out earplugs

MOM THE BOMB said...

Which defeats the purpose of the mariachi - but I'm with you, Ryan.

Now for the dress - I almost had a melt-down when I saw that dress posted on your blog and thought it was your wedding dress. The lace is a great idea. I hope it works! You always pull things off, Shady. But this is a big one.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Oh, and by the way, Mariachi bands don't always have trumpets. Many don't. (Just FYI)

poodle said...

ooh, so pretty!! i actually love that dress. what a brilliant idea. i'm afraid mom might have a meltdown over my wedding dress. good thing i'm old so she'll just be thrilled that i'm finally married off. haha

mariachi!!!

Bexie Funk said...

if it makes you feel any better i almost have a meltdown EVERY day.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Why would I have a meltdown over your wedding dress? You can wear anything you want.