Thursday, June 26, 2008

A commanding presence

Something tells me Brandon isn't the bossiest construction supervisor out there. Yesterday, Brandon's mom and I went to the construction site to bring him lunch. We asked some of the workers if Brandon was there. They looked back at us, rather confused.

"Brandon? I don't know any Brandon. Who is he with?"
(I look behind me and see the car that he took to work this morning, so he's obviously here)
Brandon's mom: "He's out here with construction."
worker: "Construction? There's no one from construction here. Oh wait, Bryce dropped off some boy earlier today. Maybe that's who you're talking about. He's inside."

So we walk inside and find Brandon, scraping some cement, hardly being noticed. And I think, "Construction supervisor? Are you serious?"

7 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Yeah, bossy isn't exactly the first word that comes to mind when I think of Brandon. And he's even a first child. I guess he could take lessons from Bethany.

Lindsey said...

He knows how to boss around his siblings. Just not other people.

BRANDON said...

Construction sites are different animals all together. you really only deal with people when they have a problem. and then you have to try and be problem solver. There isn't much room for bossing around, plus they are all big boys and they know the quicker they are done the more money they make. Also the people that were there when Lindsey stopped by were the hvac people whom i had never met and they came after i went upstairs to scrape cement. the rocker and the electricians know who i am, maybe not by name, but i don't know their names either.

Ashley Erin said...

brandon is special

Graytoppop said...

Baby -- you are a riot. Brandon, good luck....

Unknown said...

So Lindsey, what is your overall opinion of living in Idaho? Good/bad? I really can't imagine.

Also, I miss you! I should kick off an e-mail correspondence between us once I'm done with this horrible, tedious application. I somehow managed to wrestle a 740 out of the GMAT, so maybe I have a shot after all? One can only hope.

By the way, congratulations to Bethany if you're reading this!! I just saw MTB's post. Your accomplishments are AMAZING.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow, Jennifer! 740 is AMAZING! Congrats to you!