Friday, July 18, 2008

Plans for school!

I decided that it was time for another update on my plans for school. I am starting my third-to-last semester in September. I'm still majoring in Spanish, but my minor is now in Anthropology. I will really just be taking archaeology classes. I'll graduate next December.

Brandon has a few options for school. He could graduate in civil engineering in December and go on to a masters in engineering or architecture. Instead, he wants to finish engineering and start on a double major in geology. That would take him four extra semesters, but I think it would be well worth it, considering how much he loves geology. We just need to figure out whether he would love it as much as a carreer and a major.

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Shady, I'm so proud of you! You'll have finished in less than four years! Good for you! And for Brandon, do what you love. And if you decide after one semester that you don't love geology, it's not too late to change. Either way, you'll be VERY employable. Geology and Civil Engineering - I hear an offer coming from an oil company (in Texas.)

Bexie Funk said...

hey i bet one of the people that moved into the ward knows brandon he's a civil engineer from blackfoot. his last name is herbst i think anyways i vote for getting a masters and moving down here.

Lindsey said...

I'm all for geology. Seriously you need to see him around rocks.

bethy said...

geology is awesome - that's what my brandon's dad does. if brandon wants to ask about geology and jobs, call allen. he'd LOVE to talk to him. he keeps going on and on about how there's going to be a geologist shortage in a few years.