Friday, July 18, 2008

Unexpected favorites

With wedding gifts, I am usually a stick-to-the-registry girl, so it surprised me to get a few awesome presents that I hadn't registered for. I am very excited to use all of these:

One great cookbook with a CD, from Bexar. Brandon will be thanking you for that, because now I can actually cook for him.

The most beautiful bowl I've ever seen, from Brianna. Sometimes I catch myself staring at it. Bexar also bought me some candleholders to match.

A slow-cooker, from Brandon's uncle. I wasn't excited about it at first, because I thought we didn't need it. Then I found some delicious recipes that I can't wait to try like chicken and shrimp jumbalaya or slow-cooked minestrone. It will also be a really easy way to cook while I'm at school during the fall and winter. Hey, I bet I could make feijoada in it, too.

One 10-cup food processor. Okay, I did register for this, but I don't know who it's from, so I want to thank them on my blog and tell them that I will be trying every salsa recipe that I can find.

Sadly, I haven't been able to use any of these things yet because in the month and a half that I've been married, I have spent a total of FIVE DAYS at my own apartment. The rest of the time, I have lived out of a suitcase, borrowing cooking supplies from the in-laws and using every excuse to get out of my spider-infested basement. I probably won't be using them anytime soon, either, because I have three weeks before coming back to Provo, and when I do, I will have to move again in another three weeks, so we are keeping everything in boxes until then. But thank you, surprise gift givers. And Ashley. I liked your non-registry gift, too.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Did anyone wind up buying you dishware? My plan is(was) to get you dishware when you get back to the apartment. Is that still up for grabs?

I'm so late yet I have no shame!

Ashley Erin said...

i'll be brandon liked my non-registry gift too.

Lindsey said...

Oh yeah. It's the only gift that's been used. He loved it.

Jennifer, we did get our dishes. We only registered for like 40 things so we got most everything that was on the registry, except for boring stuff like a casserole dish and a whisk. But having you at my wedding was my favorite present.

bethy said...

ya'll are shameless. you DO know that everyone knows what you're talking about, right?

Unknown said...

I second what Bethany says. Ha, but it's still funny.

And casserole dishes and whisks are not boring. You mean to tell me that someone else took care of buying Twister? Bummer. Can I buy you other board games? Pretty please?