Monday, August 18, 2008

Like mother, like Shady

Everybody knows that Mom has a sweet tooth. I figured that out as soon as I was old enough to hunt down her candy stashes. I have always thought that I didn't get that sweet tooth-- I generally like salty foods. Living near Brandon's family changed my mind about that. They love sweet foods, but they are all about the sugary/fruity/sour variety. I was fine for the first few weeks, but pretty soon I started feeling like there was something missing in my life. That was chocolate. And ice cream and doughnuts. When Brandon's family went out of town, his mom told us that she had left us some candy in the closet. To my disappointment, the candy consisted of redvines and cinnamon bears. As much as I love cinnamon bears, I yearned for chocolate. Now that I'm back, I've never been happier to go to work where I can sample ice cream and gaze at doughnuts all day. And I am waiting for the next holiday to be over so that I can start my very own stash of 75% off chocolate candy. Mom, I never knew how much I was like you.

4 comments:

BRANDON said...

et tu brute

bethy said...

that's awesome. i thought i was the only one who had it that bad. i don't think i can go a day without chocolate. something would be missing.

Graytoppop said...

And when Baby likes dark chocolate, she will be mature.....

MOM THE BOMB said...

I'm so proud! I DID teach my kids something.