Sunday, December 07, 2008

6 whole months

I had a startling realization while I was at church today: Brandon and I have been married for 6 months. Then I realized that this time had gone by so fast that soon I would be graduating, having kids, getting old, and wishing I was once again a newlywed. So now I am going to list all the reasons I am glad to be married to Brandon.
- He lets me take naps whenever I want to.
- He doesn't make me make dinner every night, he loves to help me.
- He doesn't care that I'm not a very good cook.
- He cuddles with me every morning when he wakes up.
- He makes me take calcium pills every day because he doesn't want me to break myself when I'm old.
- He takes me on dates.
- He gets me to tell him what's bothering me when I'm grumpy.
- He doesn't care that I have a useless major.
- He encourages me and tells me that I can finish things, even if it takes me a long time. Like the 10-mile hike that took me all day-- he was so proud of me just for making it to the top.
- He is good at everything that I'm not.
- He is thrifty to a degree that I never thought possible.
- He helps me through my frequent attacks of self-doubt.
- He loves me even when I'm weird.

5 comments:

bethy said...

that's really cute. and surprisingly not that cheesy.

Bexie Funk said...

that is really cute. time goes by even faster once you have kids.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Way to go, Brandon!

Ashley Erin said...

I vomited in my mouth...ok, not really, it's really cute. And how could Harpdog not love you when you are weird. He's a nut-job.

Graytoppop said...

And we can count on Ashley to say something rude.........