Monday, December 01, 2008

Things I learned in Idaho (in no particular order)

1. Brandon is exactly like the rest of his family--none of Brandon's family can make decisions. It's starting to worry me, because eventually someone will have to wear the pants in this relationship, and neither of us want to.
2. One of my pet peeves is being woken up in the morning. I haven't realized this because I have gotten up on my own since I was about 10 years old and I know exactly how long it takes me to get ready. Somehow, even though I'm 20 and married now, Brandon's siblings still think they need to be my personal alarm clock.
3. Brandon and I make awesome graham cracker houses.
4. Brandon was Elvis in his 6th grade school play. He sang and danced and combed his hair for all the world to see.
5. Nature is not very good at growing Christmas trees. I never knew how hard it was to find a full, teardrop shaped pine tree in the wild. It takes hours.
6. No one should ever eat anything that Brandon's dad and brother cook. They made jalapeno poppers for me and gave one to me last night. However, they hadn't taken the seeds out, they made it with an extra-hot red one, and I'm convinced they dipped it in hydrochloric acid. I took one bite and had to drink about a gallon of water and run to the bathroom because I thought I was going to throw up. It was by far the hottest thing I had ever tasted. Bryce and McKay thought it was really funny.

3 comments:

BRANDON said...

I can make decisions if I have too. I don't like to make decisions about things that I don't have a strong opinion about, because I usually don't care. Sometimes I ask Shady to tell me what to do because I want her to validate my decision. It tends to be less biased if she doesn't know what I have already decided.

Bexie Funk said...

oh shady you make me laugh!

MOM THE BOMB said...

Just remember, Harpdogs - not to decide is to decide.

And it doesn't really sound very funny watching Shady choke and puke. I guess you had to be there.