Tuesday, April 28, 2009

And we're back

So we did it. Brandon and I went camping for 5 days in southern Utah and Colorado. It was fun, but there were definitely points where I wondered what I was thinking when I agreed to spending 5 days outdoors when I'm 4 months pregnant. Oh well, we got through it and it was definitely worth it. Here are some pictures: Bryce Canyon hoodoos. This was the prettiest place we went to, but it was in the 40s for alot of our visit, and I was pretty grumpy.

Okachomo bridge, in Bridges National Monument.


Brandon, cooking dinner over the fire. We camped in La Sal National Forest, and it got into the 20s that night. Again, I was very grumpy.


Canyonlands National Park. This was at the end of our 6-mile hike. I was pretty tired. And this was a waterfall that we found near our campsite in Canyonlands.

Other highlights included:
Almost crying because we had to drive down a really scary cliff (seriously, I was freaked out)
Realizing that Moab is a horrible place to camp because it is crowded and they charge alot for sites
Being kept up all night by a crying toddler in the site next to us
Learning that a 4-year-old girl CAN go down ladders and walk along cliffs as long as she is on a leash
Learning that ooid, loes, and facie really are words
Having so many mood swings that Brandon didn't know what to do with me
Running out of a slot canyon because we were afraid of a flash flood
And many, many more stories.


4 comments:

Funk said...

oh how i would have loved to be there.

Brandon said...

It was cold wasn't it

MOM THE BOMB said...

What a trooper, Shady! Now you hae stories to tell your baby . . . when he's older.

MOM THE BOMB said...

I want to hear the many, many other stories (minus the funky words.)