Monday, May 18, 2009

More naming fun

By now, everyone knows about the joke that Bethany played on me with my baby name. That episode reminded me of another naming joke she played on me years ago.

I was 12, and I had just gotten a new rabbit. Bethany thought it would be really funny to convince me to name him Herpes. I fell for it.

Unfortunately, Ashley gave it away by giggling and saying, "When I have a rabbit, I'm going to name it HIV-Positive." I DID know what HIV was. After that I figured out that Herpes was an STD, but not until after I had been calling him Herpes for at least a week.

8 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Yes, Bethany was just meant to be an OB/GYN!

BRANDON said...

I probably would have kept the name Herpes. But then my computer was named chlamydia for a month.

BRANDON said...

My roomate's server was ghanaherpasyphalaids during that month.

BRANDON said...

*ghonaherpasyphilaids

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow, that's quite the computer virus!

Bexie Funk said...

who names their computer? you're weird.

BRANDON said...

We had a home network, and the names made it easier to tell which computer's shared files we were accessing. We changed the naming theme all the time, just for fun.

Bexie Funk said...

ok that makes more sense.