Sunday, May 24, 2009

A little birthday miracle

I had a great birthday yesterday. Brandon posted about everything we did, so I won't repeat anything. But he did leave out one part. After we had dinner at Tucanos, we came home and found a dryer sitting out by the dumpster. Well, in 2 weeks, we are moving into an apartment with washer/dryer hookups and we already have a washer from Brandon's parents. All we needed was a dryer, and we were going to buy one on Monday. As I was calling my friend to help us move it, the owner of the mysterious dryer drove by and informed me that it worked very well but they had just gotten a new one, so it was up for grabs. So I sat on it and Brandon rode in circles on my bike for about 30 minutes until our friend got here and helped Brandon carry it into our kitchen. While sitting by a dumpster on a dryer wasn't what I had in mind for finishing my birthday, I am very glad that we found it. And now Brandon and I will have a dryer to make our kids sit on when they get in trouble. Thanks, mommy, for staying for my birthday and making it awesome. And thanks, Brandon, for sharing me with her.

5 comments:

BRANDON said...

"snow has an almost perfect libido"

Lindsey said...

ALBEDO

Only you and mom will understand that.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Classic picture - Baby sitting on the dryer! I love it!

And dad has a better albedo than me, due to his white hair.

Graytoppop said...

A dryer is a very important disciplinary tool!!!!

Bexie Funk said...

you'll wonder how you ever lived without a washer and dryer in your place. its wonderful!