Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Project/experiment

I have looked at diaper bags lately and came to one conclusion: I hate them all. I just don't like plasticky, bulky totes. The semi-cute ones cost $60 and up. Well, I foud this one online, but it's not a diaper bag. Still, I like it, so I spent this evening cutting out a pattern to sew one that looks like it. I will make it with heavier fabric, line it with something water-resistant, and make it a little roomier inside. The best part is that I can make it in any color I want. It is an experiment but we will see how it turns out, and I'll post pictures of the finished product.

3 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

I"m glad you're changing the color b/c i'm not really feeling the denim.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Could you make dad one? Since I've been here, he's been cut off from his supply of drug-rep diaper bags.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Actually, if it turns out well, you could make them and sell them online.