Saturday, August 01, 2009

Topaz Mountain and Dugway Geode Beds

We took a rather rural camping trip this weekend. By rural, I mean driving for hours on unmarked dirt roads that even Google Maps couldn't find and not seeing another car. Anyways, we started at Topaz Mountain. Don't be fooled; I'm pretty sure there are no topazes there. We dug for them for quite awhile and all we found were tiny quartz crystals. We had better luck at the geode beds. We didn't find anything spectacular but there were lots of little geodes and other nice rocks. I didn't do much digging at either place because I have a hard time squatting because of my belly. It was a fun trip, and we brought back lots of rock samples.

Geode beds

Topaz Mountain

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow! What fun! Brandon is pretty serious about rocks.

Bexie Funk said...

holy cow i can't believe you went camping at 30 weeks. brandon is really lucky! you're WAY nicer than me.

Brandon said...

It was actually Lindsey's idea to go camping. I just chose the location.

Lindsey said...

Two words: air mattress.