Monday, November 23, 2009

Things I learned this weekend

-Motherhood isn't nearly as limiting as people make it seem. I can take Violet anywhere. If it's loud, she falls asleep. If it's outside, she is too distracted by the scenery to care.
-I really shouldn't worry about looking like a mom because two sixteen-year-old girls told me how much they love my shoes. They said they liked how shiny they are.
-Fifteen quarts of feijoada goes a long way, and dad enjoyed making it almost as much as he enjoyed making Violet smile.
-If you ask for Mom's help, she does the whole thing for you. I didn't have to do a single thing this weekend.
-Violet loves her sling, and so do I. It is great to have 2 hands again.
-Brandon can sleep through anything, so I don't even leave the room to feed her at night anymore.
-Dad will do pretty much anything to not have to get a hotel. I still can't believe they slept on our tiny couches all weekend.
-Poodle is never satisfied. But since her birthday is this week, I'll post more pictures just for her.

4 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

she looks SO much like you Shady, its a little scary. She's really cute!

MOM THE BOMB said...

She really is cute! We had a great time. Hope I didn´t overdo it with the ¨help.¨ I just get a little carried away.

poodle said...

thanks, shady!!!!

i just need more pictures because she's so stinking adorable!!!

Graytoppop said...

And it's okay of you don't eat all the feijoada....