Sunday, January 17, 2010

Miss independent

My baby is growing up way too fast. I know I'm too young to be saying those words, but it's true. We have finally started letting her cry herself to sleep and she really surprised me with how well she can go to sleep on her own--she cries for less than 10 minutes. The first night she went to sleep on her own, I looked at Brandon with a really sad face and said, "She just doesn't need me anymore." It was a big milestone, especially for me, an overbearing mother.

Here she is trying to figure out what to do with her rattle. She has finally discovered that she can control her hands, and she stares at them very intensely for long periods of time. She also loves to grab her burp cloth and stuff it in her mouth. She doesn't like to cuddle anymore. When she is held she insists on facing out so that she can see what's going on.

6 comments:

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

She is growing up! Wow and a little beauty.

browniemom said...

That first year goes by soo fast! I love it when their little personalities start shining through. Cute Violet!

Ashley Erin said...

i want to steal her from you.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Let's go steal her, Fernash! Shady won't mind.

Bexie Funk said...

graham still loves to cuddle! thank goodness.

If only every couple were this cute! said...

Your baby is beautiful!