Friday, April 30, 2010

Since he's been gone

This week Brandon started his 6-week field trip where he is gone 3-4 days each week. Some other wives of geology students and I started a dinner group for when the boys are gone. It has been really fun-- last night I made Cafe Rio pork salads and now everyone thinks I'm a great cook. Boy, do I have them fooled.

With all this free time I have come up with some new projects to occupy myself. This week I learned how to make jewelry and I made this ring. It was my first one so it has several flaws, but I think it looks pretty cool.

And luckily, Violet hasn't forgotten who Daddy is. She was very happy to see him when he got home tonight.

5 comments:

Joel & Megan said...

That's a way pretty ring! I am VERY impressed.

MOM THE BOMB said...

Cool, Shady!

Bexie Funk said...

wow that's really pretty, you're going to fit in VERY well here! want to make me a ring?

All Handleys on Deck! said...

You ARE a good cook! =)
So I'm super jealous you didn't decide to make jewelry sooner! That would've been so fun! The ring is gorgeous!!

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

Very beautiful, lovely!