Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's day to an awesome mom and a wonderful grandma. She was there for two weeks before Violet was born and got me all ready for it. She even helped me through a major meltdown when I felt like Violet wouldn't come. She rode bikes with me when I was little, saw me through my shady adolescence, and calls me every week now that I am "all grown up." She has been so much help and she continues to help me with anything I need. She is one of the kindest and most generous people I know, and until last October, I really had no idea what she had done for me. I am beginning to understand it a little. I love you, Mom the Bomb! I can't wait to see you on Tuesday.
Mother's day has been great for me. Violet was nice and slept in until 9:20. Unfortunately we have church at 9:00, and I never set an alarm because usually Violet wakes me up at 8:00. So, we only went to 2 hours of church. Brandon is making dinner for me as we speak, the weather has been great, and I get to see my family in 2 days. Today is great!

5 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Thanks, Shady! I love you, too. It's been a great one!

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

I agree Shady. You have FANTASTIC mother!

Graytoppop said...

Only Susan understands that being Mom-The-Bomb is a term of endearment. I don't know of anyone else that would be happy with that title!!!

Bexie Funk said...

i agree mom is awesome!

Sara said...

Glad you had a good mother's day!