Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Memorial day

Sleeping babies are so cute. Too bad I found Violet sleeping on her face like this tonight:
It really freaked me out. I flipped her on to her back. Going to bed has been quite a struggle lately. Normally we let her cry herself to sleep, but she has discovered rolling over and mobility. So, I will put her down on her back, and she will roll over to her belly, back herself into the side of the crib, and get her legs stuck between the slats so that she can't roll back over. It was even harder this weekend at Brandon's parent's house where she had to sleep on a blanket on the floor. There was no way to contain her.
We had fun in Idaho this Memorial Day. We went to a ranch where they tag hummingbirds. I ran around with Violet pretending to chase people, and she thought it was really funny.

2 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

apparently Violet has not read Baby 411. Glad you had a good time in Idaho!

If only every couple were this cute! said...

Here is a really good book about Sleeping Babies. Lots of my friends have read and LOVE it and it works! "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" It wasn't a bad read and it helped me get laila to sleep better without lots of crying (we let her fuss herself to sleep) and she sleeps about 12 hours a night with 2-3 naps a day. It is so nice! Oh, and make sure there are not loose blankets except the one you put on her. This will help when she sleeps with her face down and prevent her from getting undo too many blankets! I am advice mom! Ask my friends : )