Saturday, October 23, 2010

Rip-offs

I have some complaints against businesses that I have had to deal with lately. First off, we had to get new cell phones. It made me wonder how they decide what to charge for phone plans, and I concluded that they just pull a number out of their butts. Seriously, does it cost them anything to give you more minutes? Who decides how much a minute is worth? We have also noticed that family plans are more expensive than getting two individual plans, and that getting a plan that includes text and web is more expensive than getting a regular plan and adding text and web. But most people don't notice, and they get ripped off.

My second complaint is against Target and its ridiculous return policy. I had to exchange some shoes from Violet's birthday and didn't have a receipt. They scanned them and said, "Well, these shoes cost $10, but you will only get $8 back, and you'll have to pay the difference when you exchange them for the smaller size." Since when is it ok to charge 20% for an exchange? I checked and the shoes were still in stock, and not on sale. I left without exchanging them and wanting to punch the customer service rep in the face.

Finally, I am boycotting Yoplait yogurts and switching to puddings from now on. I bought the Boston Cream Pie flavor which, on the package, had a picture of a chocolate-covered pie with chocolate shavings next to it. When I opened it, not only was there no chocolate, but I'm pretty sure they didn't even add any flavor because it tasted like plain yogurt. It was disgusting.

2 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

and Target has been one of my favorite stores - I just may boycott them (after the post-Halloween candy sales)

Jennifer said...

I agree on all these ripoffs. But I think you should write about your new shirt!!